9 tips for cleaning up the smoke damage in Chicago
Smoke Damage Chicago: Maybe all of us faced once in life with the damages caused by a fire: huge clutter, things burned, ash, potter and especially those black marks and discoloration of the walls and ceilings, which you think you will never get rid of. There are plenty of fire and smoke damage Aurora clean up services in Aurora, Chicago, Glenview, Highland Park, Naperville and Skokie, that could do the smoke damage Glenview cleaning for you…unless you are willing to do it yourself.
Next we will present you some tips for cleaning up the smoke damage Highland Park:
1. First of all you for your safety you have to use proper equipment, mainly mask and gloves.
2. It would be ideal to start cleaning your house as soon as possible. In this way it will be more easily to remove the smoke damage.
3. A third important aspect is to ventilate your house even if there is just one room affected by the fire because smoke can get into the other parts of the house.
4. Definitely you shouldn’t keep food that might have been in contact with the smoke.
5. Don’t hesitate to use the vacuum cleaner in order to suck up the soot. You should remove the soot first before start cleaning the house.
6. You shouldn’t neglect the household appliances because there is a big chance that smoke damage Naperville might have over taken them. So, clean them entirely and then check if they work properly.
7. If you have an air conditioner you must change the air filter because you might have the surprise of finding out that it is full of soot.
8. The hard part is to start cleaning the walls and ceilings that have been affected by smoke damage Skokie (discoloration, black marks, etc.). How do you do this? Very simple: use rubbing alcohol.
9. In the end wash all clothes, carpets and other linens that were affected by the smoke damage.
Comments are closed.